Sunday, June 6, 2010

Speaking of cats in bags

Michael and I found out around the end of March that we are expecting a baby! We waited to tell friends and family until a couple of weeks ago, because we wanted to be extra sure that things would be okay through the first trimester. I am now 13 weeks and 4 days, and our estimated due date is December 8th. So far, things have been progressing along well. I thought for sure that I would experience morning sickness at its worst, but a little nausea here and there when I would wait too long to eat was about the worst of it. I have had a cold for the past week, and that has been interesting just trying to breathe. I'm feeling better now, so hopefully I'm coming out of the woods.

So far, the fun parts have been:
-Telling friends and family
-The first maternity shopping experience
-Browsing the web for cute bedding and nursery items
-Eating
-Thinking of names (I'll post more on that later)

The only not-so-fun parts have been:
-This cold
-Breathing at night with this cold
-Nausea
-Not being able to figure out what I WANT to eat

I'm very excited about this adventure, and can't wait to share more, as I'm sure there will be stories that come! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

OLIVER EDGAR SONA said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for y'all and you will both make AMAZING parents. Being a MOM is truly a life changing blessing from God. Love and miss you bunches!!!

"Teal"

Ford Family said...

Do you know how happy I am for both of you?!?!? Can't wait to give you big hugs in a few weeks!! xoxo!!