Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh alright.

After much deliberation within my own neurotic thoughts, I'm going back to a public blog. There are several reasons I have come to this decision:

1. Going through extra steps to write a blog post made me not want to blog at all anymore.
2. After thinking that my blog posts weren't interesting, Stuart Smalley reminded me that I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and people like me. After repeating that to myself in the mirror three times, I laughed my behind off and ate some sweet rolls. What does that have to do with my blog? Nothing.
3. I've decided that life is too short to try to live in my own little private world. So, hey world! Welcome to my life, and welcome to my blog. If I'm going to type it, I better be prepared for anyone to read it.

So, after much ado, and not a lot of blog posts, I'm back. I hope to bring you interesting thoughts- link you to other interesting blogs- and maybe even be a little vulnerable. I may not be interesting all the time, but I don't care. If you don't like it, don't read it. But I won't quit writing- because it's therapy, it's documentation of my life, and it's fun. I do promise to be honest, and I will from time to time share what I think the Lord has been speaking to me.

Now that I've gotten through my disclaimer, let's make some MAGIC! (Note: read with the genie from Aladdin voice)

My last post was in December after John Michael's birthday party. What I didn't have on hand at the time was this PRECIOUS video of JM and Foster (who is the son of our sweet sweet friends, Woody and Kristen). Y'all... if you don't know Woody and Kristen, you should. And if you have no idea how to get to know them, well, read Kristen's blog. Their son is at the top of my "favorite kids of all time" list. And these two together crack me up. I only wish we lived closer to each other so that Kristen and I could laugh at them all the time.


Yep, that's right. Kristen and I are laughing at Foster's rocking wedgie. We do that. Cause we're cool. And we can't wait to show the boys this video when they're 18. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: