Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Time to be Thankful

Before everyone jumps on the Christmas bandwagon... oh who am I kidding, I've been singing Christmas carols since July... I wanted to recap our Thanksgiving in Birmingham!

Michael had to work Thanksgiving morning, so we decided to host a Sanford/King Thanksgiving at our house this year. I had everyone agree to bring a dish or two (or five- haha), and we did the turkey and ham. In addition, Michael "Paula Deen" Sanford made an amazing pumpkin cheesecake, and I added in a little turkey cake ball dessert as well.

I was very excited to finally get to use all of the china we got for wedding presents!

And everyone had their own little placecards.

On the dessert plates, everyone had a smiling turkey cake ball.
Well... maybe it was just a smirking turkey. John Michael was in a weird napping mood, and decided that he wanted to take a nap from 8:30am until 11:00am, when we finally woke him up. But, he soon got into the Thanksgiving spirit while he rocked on his snail.
Even dad got in on the action.
But most of all, there was a lot of love. And, somehow I failed to get a picture of the whole family together, but I thought this one was sweet. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!


No comments: