Friday, August 1, 2008

A Time to Read

If you know me at all, or if you have had a recent conversation with me, you will know about my love for the works of Francine Rivers! I think that she is absolutely amazing, and I had the privaledge of meeting her in person last year at our conference. She is such an amazing author, and her books are giving me a greater love for the Word!
So, this is my first so-called "book review," except that it is a "series review."
The series is called the Mark of the Lion Series, and it consists of three books, "A Voice in the Wind," "An Echo in the Darkness," and "As Sure as the Dawn." Following the story of Haddassah throughout her journey was the highpoint of my day. Michael is now reading the series, and I'm trying so hard not to reveal anything to him. He asks me very pointed questions, and I just have to tell him that he will have to wait and see.
Definitely a must read...all three! Of course, you won't be able to stop after the first book! My #1 favorite book of all time is "Redeeming Love," also by Francine. And I'm currently starting on her series called, "Lineage of Grace." I can't wait to see how these turn out!

No comments: