Friday, April 17, 2009

Purple Envelope Project

I just wanted to let everyone know of a grassroots movement that has begun. As you all know, I work for Care Net in Donor Relations, but what happened yesterday was nothing short of a miracle. I talked to a stay at home mom named Lauren who, in her words, "just wanted to help." She has started a project called the Purple Envelope Project to help support pregnancy centers. The idea was sparked from how much attention and response was generated through the Red Envelope Campaign. Lauren mentioned that she heard people say "we SHOULD have generated response and support for the actual pregnancy centers" so she said, "well, why don't we?" Thus sparked the Purple Envelope Project.
Lauren's blog is www.purpleenvelopeproject.blogspot.com which will give more information about how to participate. The idea is to send one dollar in a purple envelope to either Care Net or Heartbeat to help support pregnancy centers. I have already developed a plan in house here at Care Net so that we can track how many come in here.
I have to say that I am deeply blessed by the actions of one person who just wanted to make a difference. I pray that this project is a HUGE success!

No comments: