Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My feelings today- while they may include aftereffects of NyQuil

I have been on my knees in prayer about this election- praying that God would have mercy on our nation. This nation has succumbed to going against everything that the Lord stands for. I have to say that I have been grieved to hear Christians talk about being pro-choice. And the reason I'm grieved about it isn't because I think I'm right and they're wrong... it's because I was once pro-choice. Growing up in the city, family, lifestyle that I did, I was never faced with abortion- so I didn't really know what it was. I can remember receiving coaching for beauty pageant interviews, and I was faced with figuring out my platform. I was told that if I wasn't prepared to dig in deep in a fight on abortion- that should NOT be my platform. And it wasn't- because I didn't really have a clue what abortions entailed. Well, now I do. Now I know what the procedures include- what happens in each and every different procedure that can be performed. And I have to say that knowing what I know, I cannot imagine being for something like that. The only reason I walked around as a young woman saying, "You know, I think that women should be able to do whatever they feel necessary," is because I was uninformed. If I had been faced with an unintended pregnancy, I'm not sure that I wouldn't have had an abortion. And that's why I do what I do now. I want young women in that situation to know that they actually have a choice. Because you see, having a choice doesn't just mean having the option to have an abortion- it means having the choice to not have an abortion. And there are pregnancy centers who offer the other choice- not having an abortion, receiving help in your pregnancy, receiving parenting classes, having the option to place your child up for adoption. If we're all about helping women, then we should really be helping women. I've met so many women who have had abortions- and their stories are amazing- but all of them wish they had not gone through with it. I've yet to meet one woman who has not been tormented by that "choice."
So, my point to all of this is- if we are all going to stand for protecting women, then let's do it. And I realize that you can look at my point of view and say, "Well, I want to protect women from those pregnancy centers who will guilt women into not having abortions." I can tell you confidently that the pregnancy centers I am affiliated with do not use guilt- they simply use the words of Jesus Christ. Guilt comes from Satan. And how dare these pregnancy centers try to help women with compassion and care!
So, yes, I am upset about the way that the election went. But, nothing- NOTHING can overcome the power of Jesus Christ. All this election does is make me more dedicated to the cause. And yes, I know that things aren't going to go the way that I think they should- but thank goodness. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I got everything I wanted. And whether or not I like it, Obama is the President of the United States. Whether or not I like his policies, he has been placed in this authoritative position. I applaud him for his victory, and will continue- just as I always have- to pray for the President of our nation. But I will also continue to pray that eyes will be opened to the holocaust of the unborn.
If you're interested in learning more about the pro-life values, I recommend Randy Alcorn's book, "Why Pro-Life?" To read his comments click this link:
http://vitalsignsblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-to-say-to-christians-who-are-pro.html

He offers answers to widely asked questions. Plus, he offers the book "Why Pro-Life?" in a downloadable format. Please take the time to check this out. Please take the time to find the answers. And please stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves.

No comments: