Saturday, March 19, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things!

All of the updates lately have been medically related, and I haven't updated on John Michael's milestones. Michael and I were talking about this last night, because it seems like all of the milestones have appeared all in a matter of a couple of days- and we think it's because he's making up for lost time from being in the hospital, and having to spend a lot of time in his bed/swing/makeshift hospital bed.

So, I wanted to take some time to talk about the things that he has started to do.  Now, at 14 weeks old, he very easily rolls over from stomach to back- when we first saw this a long time ago, we thought we were making it up, but he's definitely doing it. He's working on rolling over from back to stomach- which I'll be honest- kind of scares me. I go in to get him in the mornings, and he is all over that crib! I haven't found him on his stomach yet, but I did find him on his side this morning- and he was turned sideways.

JM really enjoys playtime now too. He's able to grab things, and is already starting to put some things in his mouth. His hands are the main mouth inhabitants right now. He also likes to experiment with his voice- loudly. It can quickly turn to a cry though, so we have to be on our toes. He has also taken an interest in the tv. And this is one of those things that I used to say I would not do. But I'll be honest- I ate those words quickly. With all of the colic, reflux, and post operative care... I'm doing alot of things that I said I wouldn't before.

He loves bath time! He's starting to splash around with his feet, and we play games with the washcloth.

He loves his Bubba! Max still runs his "suicides" as I call them. JM will watch him run back and forth, back and forth. Max kisses his head, and sometimes I catch JM looking at Max and smiling.

He loves visits. We had a great visit with Sherri and Jessica today- and he looks forward to getting to hang with Aunt Jessi more in the future.

He loves hangin with Dad. I took a much needed nap this afternoon, and woke up to JM and Dad in their "recliners."

And what's my favorite thing right now?  These little things!!!


Eeeeeeeeeee!  Are these not the cutest little things you've ever seen?!! Oh, I could just kiss his little feet all day.  And when you get a response like this, how could you refuse?


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love that little guy! I said the same thing about Foster and the TV, but he loves watching Noggin so whatever works;)