Friday, October 1, 2010

First baby shower

I'm so behind on this post- but it has been a busy week here in the Sanford household. My sweet friends Catherine Gilmer and Harriette Jones gave me a baby shower last Sunday, and it was so sweet and wonderful.  I enjoyed catching up, hugging necks, and getting some wonderful gifts for John Michael!
The weekend was pretty busy though- Michael's brother Owen flew in from Austin to surprise Lois for her birthday (which was Saturday).  I was singing in a wedding Saturday evening, so I stuck around Birmingham while the boys went ahead to Selma.  I got to Selma Saturday night, about halfway through the Auburn game.  The whole Sanford clan gathered around the tv to cheer them on, and I was in and out of falling asleep on the couch after the long day.
But, on Sunday, my sweet friends hosted a wonderful baby shower for me, and I wanted to share just some of the pictures.  Here's my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew- my nephew Bradford is always the life of the party, so Stephen brought him for a cameo appearance, as many people had asked to see him. :)
Lauren was a lifesaver!  She wrote down all of my gifts for me- and as always, I LOVED catching up with her!!!!
My mom and my "other mom"- Mrs. Kay.  She came all the way from Auburn for my shower!  I was so surprised!!!!
We had ice cream in these little mason jars, with wonderful toppings and cookies.  It was great!

So, after a long and exciting weekend, we came back to Birmingham, Owen went back to Austin, and then we got hardwood floors in our house.  Yep, that's right.  More on that in the next post...



1 comment:

Angela said...

I just found your blog tonight. Congratulations on your baby!