Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baby Art!

After a long and arduous search for art to put up in the nursery, I was at a complete loss.  Nothing really stood out to me as my style- as I'm not a big fan of the alphabet or of cartoon characters.  And no, I'm not judging if you are- I just couldn't find anything that I liked.  Until one day, I ran across these really cool modern paintings that weren't too babyish, but they were just baby enough.  Does that even make sense?  But the only problem was, I could order them at $75 a piece- and I really liked three of them!  Being the DIY cheapskate that I am, I decided that I was going to paint my own version of these gems.  But then I got nervous- and wasn't really all that comfortable with my freehand skills on these particular paintings.

So... I bought myself some canvases, along with the paint colors I liked, and then went and found some graphite paper so that I could trace the pictures onto my canvases.  It reminded me of paint by numbers, and that made me really excited.  Except I could decide what colors I wanted to go with!  So... without further ado, here are the lovely lovelies that will soon be hanging on the wall above the changing table in Baby Sanford's room.


I think the elephant is my favorite- but the other two are really cute!!!  I can't wait to do some more tidying, hanging, sorting, etc in there- but in the meantime... just knowing that these will soon adorn the walls makes me happy!

3 comments:

Caroline Bobo said...

Those are adorable! You have many hidden talents Kay!!

Ford Family said...

Look at ya...those are adorable!!

Heather and David Sellers said...

They are so cute....my fav is the fish.